Thursday, July 25, 2013

Thursday reflection

Reflection 7/25/13
This week has gone fast.
The amount of information that has flashed before my eyes during this week is incredible.
There are so many pieces I want to be sure to revisit. I hope they don't fade away into the whirlwind of the new school-year.
I ran into a colleague this afternoon. She has been on vacation (and I was jealous,) but she was thinking this last week about many of the same things that we talked about in class: flipping school, meeting kids' needs rather than standardized testing needs, incorporating the "fun stuff" into her teaching. Weird, huh?
So, was her vacation more like work, or was our class more like a vacation?
My favorite thing today was imagining having kids to animate a famous quote using the white board and video. I suppose they'd remember the quote for the rest of their lives.


2 comments:

  1. This class went way to fast (expected long & boring). I was amazed at how much education issues we got to talk about in a technology class (awesome surprise). Keep your mind going with what we have learned and apply the new technology skills.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I suppose when we care so much about our work and the people we work for and alongside, it makes its way into our thoughts and conversations...even on VACATION!!!

    And, when we love learning and value growth, the opportunity to do just that can feel exciting, kind of like VACATION!!!

    Your comments and your spirit have been a blessing to me these past 3 classes. You are an asset to the field of education and the kind of person I feel proud to know.

    ReplyDelete